A U.S. Navy nuclear engineer and his wife had allegedly made a deal to share data about the design of American nuclear-powered submarines with a foreign country in exchange for around $130,000 in cryptocurrency. They reportedly hid the secret information in a peanut butter sandwich, but didn’t realise they were dealing with an undercover FBI agent. Former senior FBI intelligence analyst Javed Ali tells The World it’s unusual the foreign country was not named in the charging documents.
ABC News provides around the clock coverage of news events as they break in Australia and abroad, including the latest coronavirus pandemic updates. It’s news when you want it, from Australia’s most trusted news organisation.
For more from ABC News, click here: https://ab.co/2kxYCZY
Watch more ABC News content ad-free on iview: https://ab.co/2OB7Mk1
Go deeper on our ABC News In-depth channel: https://ab.co/2lNeBn2
Like ABC News on Facebook: http://facebook.com/abcnews.au
Follow ABC News on Instagram: http://instagram.com/abcnews_au
Follow ABC News on Twitter: http://twitter.com/abcnews
Note: In most cases, our captions are auto-generated.
- Teenager arrest, charged with robbing two delivery drivers in VB - WAVY.com October 23, 2021Teenager arrest, charged with robbing two delivery drivers in VB WAVY.com […]
- Deputy charged with DUI, suspended from Spartanburg Co. Sheriff’s Office - WSPA 7News October 23, 2021Deputy charged with DUI, suspended from Spartanburg Co. Sheriff’s Office WSPA 7News […]
- Man charged with assault after allegedly pelting grandmother with pumpkins - Yahoo News October 22, 2021Man charged with assault after allegedly pelting grandmother with pumpkins Yahoo News […]
- Murrysville couple charged with bilking CARES Act of $220K via rental relief money-laundering scheme - TribLIVE October 22, 2021Murrysville couple charged with bilking CARES Act of $220K via rental relief money-laundering scheme TribLIVE […]
- Bend police officer charged with assault of intoxicated man; 3 Summit HS students accused in beating - KTVZ October 22, 2021Bend police officer charged with assault of intoxicated man; 3 Summit HS students accused in beating KTVZ […]
- 2 charged, 1 arrested in relation to death of Prabhjot Singh Katri - CBC.ca October 22, 20212 charged, 1 arrested in relation to death of Prabhjot Singh Katri CBC.ca […]
- Suspect in Central Illinois robberies charged with attempted escape - Bloomington Pantagraph October 22, 2021Suspect in Central Illinois robberies charged with attempted escape Bloomington Pantagraph […]
- Walnut Creek Man Charged With Fraud Related to Child-Friendly Companies - NBC Bay Area October 22, 2021Walnut Creek Man Charged With Fraud Related to Child-Friendly Companies NBC Bay Area […]
- Lev Parnas, Ex-Giuliani Ally, Is Convicted of Campaign Finance Charges - The New York Times October 22, 2021Lev Parnas, Ex-Giuliani Ally, Is Convicted of Campaign Finance Charges The New York Times […]
- Court: Turkish Halkbank to Be Charged in Iran Sanctions Case | Political News | US News - U.S. News & World Report October 22, 2021Court: Turkish Halkbank to Be Charged in Iran Sanctions Case | Political News | US News U.S. News & World Report […]
- Forensic pathologist: Will be a challenge determining Brian Laundrie's cause of death
- Was Brian Laundrie Killed by Wild Swamp Pigs?
- Brian Laundrie's remains given to anthropologist | Rush Hour
- Full Interview: Laundrie Family Attorney Speaks Out On Remains Identified As Brian
- WFLA Now: When Will Answers Come in Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie's Deaths? #HeyJB
- Alec Baldwin 'Rust' camera crew walked off before shooting - Los Angeles Times October 22, 2021Alec Baldwin 'Rust' camera crew walked off before shooting Los Angeles TimesAlec Baldwin speaks out after fatal prop gun shooting on 'Rust' set: 'There are no words to convey my shock and sadness' Yahoo EntertainmentDirector of photography killed, movie director injured after Alec Baldwin discharged prop firearm on movie set CNNWhat Is a Prop Gun? Why Alec Baldwin's […]
- Dow Jones Rallies; Tesla Stock Passes Buy Point; Donald Trump SPAC Explodes, Gains 846% - Investor's Business Daily October 22, 2021Dow Jones Rallies; Tesla Stock Passes Buy Point; Donald Trump SPAC Explodes, Gains 846% Investor's Business DailyDow closes at a record, posts third-straight positive week CNBCNasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services ReutersStock market news live updates: Stocks retreat after Powell remarks on inflation and tapering, Nasdaq lags as Snap's outlook disappoints Yahoo FinanceStock futures pause […]
- Business News: Live Updates on Stock Market and Federal Reserve - The New York Times October 22, 2021Business News: Live Updates on Stock Market and Federal Reserve The New York TimesPowell: Federal Reserve 'on track' for tapering asset purchases Yahoo FinanceStrong Bullish sentiment in gold as Powell talks down inflation threat Kitco NEWSIt's a no-brainer that Federal Reserve and congressional policymakers should be barred from the stock market. We should go one step further MarketWatch5 Top […]
- Lev Parnas found guilty on campaign finance charges - CNN October 22, 2021Lev Parnas found guilty on campaign finance charges CNNLev Parnas, Ex-Giuliani Ally, Is Convicted of Campaign Finance Charges The New York TimesGiuliani associate convicted of campaign finance crimes Yahoo NewsFormer Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas convicted in campaign finance case, including illegal donation to Trump PAC CNBCLev Parnas guilty of campaign finance charges in New York The Washington PostView Full […]
- iFixit’s Apple Watch teardown includes a theory about device’s delayed launch - Ars Technica October 22, 2021iFixit’s Apple Watch teardown includes a theory about device’s delayed launch Ars TechnicaApple Watch Series 7 Review: The Only Smartwatch to Buy Digital TrendsiFixit took a peek underneath the Apple Watch Series 7’s larger display The VergeApple Watch 7 Review: Still the king TrustedReviewsiFixit's Apple Watch Series 7 teardown shows the same display tech as iPhone 13 EngadgetView Full Coverage […]