The missile launched by Pyongyang on Tuesday is alleged to be an “improved” version of a munition tested earlier this year
North Korea said it successfully tested a new hypersonic missile, with leader Kim Jong-un reportedly present for the launch. Officials in Seoul have claimed the weapon was an upgraded model of a system tested last week.
“The test fire was aimed at making a final confirmation of the overall specifications of the developed hypersonic weapon system,” the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported on Wednesday, referring to a test conducted the day prior, adding that the missile struck its target in the sea some 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) away.
North Korea’s Kim, who attended the test, “underscored the need to strengthen the strategic military power of the country both in quality and quantity,” according to the outlet, which noted that the latest launch “clearly proved the superb maneuverability of the hypersonic gliding warhead.”
Kim Jong Un just officially observed his first missile test since March 2020, pictures show in today's Rodong Sinmun.
The test took place roughly the same time as UNSC condemnation of last week's test — and after South Korea's govt publicly doubted that test was 'hypersonic'. pic.twitter.com/8Rlpmmta0H
— Chad O'Carroll (@chadocl) January 11, 2022
Tuesday’s weapon test comes just days after a similar launch off North Korea’s east coast – the first of its kind of the year – which Pyongyang also said used a hypersonic missile. Military officials in South Korea noted some “improvement” made to the munition in the time since, saying it flew at a speed of Mach 10, or 10-times the speed of sound. The previous launch, which Kim was reportedly not present for, was said to have traveled at Mach six.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in voiced some alarm following the most recent test, calling it “concerning” while asking officials to “come up with necessary measures to ensure no further tension in inter-Korean relations and so that our people do not feel nervous.”
Washington’s Indo-Pacific Command, meanwhile, said it was “aware” of Tuesday’s test, claiming it highlighted “the destabilizing impact of [North Korea’s] illicit weapons program,” though added that the launch posed no threat to US personnel or territory.
- Debris from Russian missile test nearly strikes a Chinese satellite - kuna noticias y kuna radio January 22, 2022Debris from Russian missile test nearly strikes a Chinese satellite kuna noticias y kuna radio […]
- Hypersonic Technology Market 2022 with Covid 19 Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Key Indicators, Forecast to 2028 the Main Keyplayers the Boeing Company, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Company, SAAB SA, Dynetics Inc, SpaceX - Digital Journal January 21, 2022Hypersonic Technology Market 2022 with Covid 19 Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Key Indicators, Forecast to 2028 the Main Keyplayers the Boeing Company, Nort […]
- Air Force's first hypersonic missile could still start production this year - Breaking Defense January 21, 2022Air Force's first hypersonic missile could still start production this year Breaking Defense […]
- Tsirkon hypersonic missile enters the final stage of state trials - Naval News January 21, 2022Tsirkon hypersonic missile enters the final stage of state trials Naval News […]
- North Korean hypersonic threat is an alarming wake-up call for how we innovate - DefenseNews.com January 21, 2022North Korean hypersonic threat is an alarming wake-up call for how we innovate DefenseNews.com […]
- FBI: Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito's death - CNN January 21, 2022FBI: Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito's death CNNGabby Petito case: FBI closes homicide investigation as it reveals Brian Laundrie's notebook confession Fox NewsGabby Petito's family says FBI evidence leaves 'no doubt' that her fiancé Brian Laundrie 'murdered' her Yahoo! VoicesFamilies of Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie reach property agreement, lawyer says WFLA News Channel 8Brian Laundrie's Notebook Confession […]
- Meat Loaf, ‘Bat Out of Hell’ Singer and Actor, Dies at 74 - The New York Times January 21, 2022Meat Loaf, ‘Bat Out of Hell’ Singer and Actor, Dies at 74 The New York TimesView Full Coverage on Google News
- March for Life Rally Unfolds with Eye on Supreme Court - The New York Times January 21, 2022March for Life Rally Unfolds with Eye on Supreme Court The New York TimesMarch for Life taking place as Roe faces potential end nearly 50 years after landmark decision Fox NewsWomen's memories of when Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973 The Washington PostI Will March for Life Before and After the Fall of Roe | Opinion NewsweekThe Progressive […]
- U.S. judge blocks Biden federal employee COVID vaccine mandate - reuters.com January 21, 2022U.S. judge blocks Biden federal employee COVID vaccine mandate reuters.comTexas federal judge temporarily blocks Biden vaccine mandate for federal employees Fox NewsJudge in Texas blocks enforcement of federal employee vaccine mandate nationwide CNNLatest Covid Vaccine, Testing and Mandate News: Live Updates The New York TimesTrump appointee issues ruling blocking Biden's vaccine requirement for federal workers The Washington PostView Full Coverage […]
- Texas Man Charged With Threatening to Kill Georgia Election Officials - The New York Times January 21, 2022Texas Man Charged With Threatening to Kill Georgia Election Officials The New York TimesView Full Coverage on Google News
- NEW GAME LEAKS - New Pokemon Legends Arceus Forms, Stats & Shinies!
- STARTERS y SHINY STARTERS de Pokémon Legends ARCEUS (TYPHOSION SAMUROTT DECIDUEYE) | MI OPINIÓN
- Shiny Shinx Wild Encounter | pokemon legends arceus shiny
- POKEMON LEGENDS ARCEUS PLAYTHROUGH PART 5
- Nadagamkarayo Episode 263 || ''නාඩගම්කාරයෝ'' || 21st January 2022